Sunday, April 1, 2012

Woman Power

Every day that I can I sit in my garden to do my writing.  My chair is right next to this enormous lavender bush, that is a favorite of our local bees.  I don't have my own hive yet, although that is definitely one of my next goals for our urban farm.  But at least our lavender attracts bees, and they visit the lavender, and me, every day.  I love that these worker bees are all women.  They are industriously enjoying  the lavender, and then they create something yummy, sweet, sensual, and life giving from those beautiful purple flowers. (I just wish I could harvest some of that delicious honey!) If female bees can create abundance and sweetness  from nature and from beauty, can't we female humans do the same?  It is such a lovely thought!  I feel as if by gardening and cooking I do get to do that.  I create something beautiful, sensual, delicious and life giving from the abundance of nature and Creation.  I love the connectivity of that, the sense of wholeness or completion.

No comments:

Post a Comment